Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcome from Andee Photography Fine Art And Digital Design!

Thank you for joining me on this new journey. Let me start with a little bit of background on myself. I have loved photography since I was a little kid. We would gather around when friends came over, sometimes into the wee hours of the night going through albums and boxes full of old photos of my parents, grandparents and siblings. I loved every minute of it. I was never bored looking at those photos over and over again.

I was 10 when I took this image. It was my very first photo.  Miss Kitty being held in a wooden box by my grandmother as our dog Ginger went flying through the background. Taken with my grandmothers "Kodak Hawkeye Fun Flashfun" camera. I used her old camera that took 127 film until it was no longer available as it once was. Next I had one of those dreaded 110 camera. For those of you that had one you will remember, it cut off the head even tho you were sure it was all in the viewfinder. The worlds worst camera ever made, in my opinion. I truly think that is how the cutting off of the top of a persons head became the in thing for a time. Next I moved on to my first 35 mm camera, a point and shoot Minolta Talker in 1984. I loved that camera. It took awesome images. But it fell to it's death in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado USA in 1993. I bought my first SLR in 2002 and changed to digital in 2005. I love every minute of taking photos, well almost all. The times you miss a shot, or it turned out wrong is a pain. But when you get that one cool shot that special one, well there is nothing like it. And with digital I can take as many images as I want and not have to print any but the best ones. I started with Digital design work more recently in 2011 and I love it! Art is so fun!

Follow this link to my Artist Website. There you will find my photography and digital designs for purchase. http://andee-photography.artistwebsites.com/

5 comments:

  1. This looks great Andee! Congratulations on setting up your new blog! http://barbara-griffin.artistwebsites.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! You have some really nice artwork!

      Delete
  2. This is very nice blog and intro to your work. http://kip-devore.artistwebsites.com/?tab=artwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! Love your watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story. What a shot for a 10 year old :-) ... so much to discover ... love it!

    ReplyDelete